Detached Garage Bathroom slab on grade

Users who are viewing this thread

Juan for the road

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am building a garage separate from my house,I am including a bathroom,and am giving it it's own septic system.

Garage will have 3 fixtures,toilet,lav,and shower.Slab on grade construction.The toilet will be very close to where the sewer line enters the building,the shower and lav are to be on an opposite wall,7 feet away,also an exterior wall.

My question is,what is the most simple way to vent and provide cleanouts?Although it is slab on grade it will have an 8" high,8" wide concrete "foundation wall" above the slab,and I would like to plan not only the DWV layout,but also any pipes that need to be embedded within this short foundation wall.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; My question is,what is the most simple way to vent and provide cleanouts

Why don't you just ask what is the meaning of life? EVERY installation will have many possibilities, depending on the locations, the direction of the sewer, and the wall locations. Any plumber can visit the site and make the determination, but if you call 3 plumbers, you will get 3 different answers.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am building a garage separate from my house, I am including a bathroom,and am giving it it's own septic system.

Before you start you must have the right permits because septic fields can be dangerous for you and others. If you or your neighbors have wells for potable water that is a concern, the ground must pass a percolator test and the field is also restricted to a location on your lot. Some areas no longer allow septic fields if there is a septic sewer system on your street. I hope your doing all of this right because if you go ahead and a local inspector happens to see it you will be shut down. You can have a lot of money into it by then. In the future if you sell the home and a house inspector catches this, it's a red flag unless all of the permits were in place. I've addressed this because by your question it sounds like a DIY project.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks