Kinetico 30 Plus won't draw/replenish from/to brine tank

Users who are viewing this thread

wm_son

Reaction score
Greetings from Indy all,

Brief history, unit was brand new Jan. '03 (11.75 yrs. old) in a brand new condo in area with high chlorine and high water pressure coming from public water (according to Kinetico tech). At about the 11 yr mark (1/1/13) unit slowly quit using salt, until late spring when no salt has been used and consequently no soft water. Unit was also not self-regenerating. Kinetico tech (Ktech) serviced the machine last week (9/18) and said the valve needed replaced/rebuilt for $1,000. He could not get the unit to self-regenerate or draw and replenish from/to the brine tank. He changed disk from 6 to 7 and said there was no hope but to cough up some serious coinage.

Enter wm_son. I was able to access a youtube video about head disassembly, so I disassemble and reassembled and was able to get the unit to self-regenerate AND pull and replenish the brine tank. Only once though did it do the full brine tank cycle. It continues to self-regenerate but no brine tank activity occurs. Did the valve has just one more life to give after I reassembled or is there still hope? Is there ever malfunction of the brine line or brine float that would prevent the brine cycle from occurring? Is there a way to test? Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kinetico's can be very easy to work on once you understand how they work. I have an exploded view of the parts as well as a manual. If you would like a copy (it will help), send me an email and I'll send it to you.

wm_son

Reaction score
Quick shout-out to mialynette for getting me info; it's still regenning and brine is working now for 2 days; no soft water yet after 7 cycles (3 on main, 4 on remote). I'm thinking resin needs replaced. I will test it like you said. Get me a hb hatch test kit also. Tanks, ha, for all the info and advice.

Brian Bennett

Reaction score
Can I get a copy of that? I have a mach series I have a 4 tank system Model number 2080F OD on one set and 2175s on the other set. photo 1.jpgphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks