(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Drain Configuration for 2 sinks

Default Drain Configuration for 2 sinks

I have a question about the proper configuration for connecting 2 sinks to a single 2" waste line. I'm planning on using two seperate P-Traps with each line being connected to the Y using a 45 degree elbow, after a short horizontal run. Is there any criticality about where the lines connect to Y in relationship to the height of the P-trap? For instance, should the connection be made x inches below the trap or x inches above the trap or does it matter? Both sinks are being vented by a 1.5" line which connects to the top of the Y. The bottom of the Y connects to the 2" waste line.

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Default Y

If the "Y" is in the vertical pipe then it is the wrong fitting for that location. If it is in a horizontal orientation connecting to a tee in the wall then the traps connect at the same elevation plus the necessary pitch.

Question

Thanks for the reply. The Y fitting would be in the vertical direction, so its the wrong fitting. So do I want to use a waste cross fitting or is other configuration more desirable?

Thanks for the Help
    Rob

Default fitting

You do not want to use a "sanitary" cross, rather it is a "double fixture fitting" sometimes referred to as a "figure 1" fitting although that terminology is not used everywhere, (to your eye it may seem to be the same as a sanitary cross, but it is different and designed just for that application).