Fleck 7000 SXT finally repaired, having programming issues maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

zcast

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

A few months ago I purchased and had installed a Fleck 7000SXT softener. I had a long problem ever since it was installed with the salt tank over-filling with water. Finally today the tech came back out and reseated the brine valve and it looks to be working as intended (possible o-ring seated incorrectly).

Now that it is working, I seem to be having issues with the Brine Fill stage of things. I don't seem to be putting enough water into the salt tank now. Let me give a description of the system and the home it is installed in.

System:
Fleck 7000 SXT
48,000 Grain / 1.5 cu. ft. Resin
18x33 Brine Tank w/ Grid
.125 BLFC

Home:
5b/3.5bt home with 2 adults.
60-70 Gallons per day use.
Hardness at 20.

The settings the controller is set to are the following:

Capacity: 35 (x1000)
Hardness: 20
Reserve: 10
Day Override: 8
Regen Time: 2:00am
Backwash 1: 8
Brine Draw: 60
Backwash 2: 6
Rapid Rinse: 6
Brine Fill: 12

So with the BF set at 12 and I am running a BLFC at .125, I am only putting in 1.5 gallons in the salt tank. So when I regen the system, during the Brine Draw phase, about 9 minutes into the draw, it starts sucking air, and it has pulled everything out of the tank. I check the water level before I ran the regen, and it wasn't even above my salt grid.

So my thought was that I should be using around 6lbs. of slat per cubic foot of resin. What I don't know is how to figure out how water I need in my tank to create an adequate solution. Should I be setting the BF to 24 minutes to get 3 gallons of water in the salt tank? Is there a formula to figure out how much salt I need in my tank? Right now I have 40 lbs with the idea that the first regen would create be a large fill to get a good solution started from a dry system.

Anyway, I am rambling now, but I could use some help in this matter.

Thank in advance,

-Z

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You get 3 lbs/gallon of refill. So program accordingly. Then pour 2-3 gallons of water into the water in the salt tank, not into the salt. Wait 2 hours and do a manual regeneration. Don't use water during a regeneration.

I suggest keeping a spare bag (or 3-4) of solar crystal salt by the tank and keeping the tank half full. That makes you check the level more frequently and that prevents running low or out of salt. If you run low/out and get hard water through the unit, then you need to do 2 manual regens at 15 lbs/cuft of resin (23lbs for 1.5') with no water use during or between them so as to get all the resin regenerated.

If your grid has legs that allow salt down into them and thereby into the water, you don't need the water to come up over the grid.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks