Chris Cander's novel 11 Stories

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some time ago I got a call from author Chris Cander, who asked about plumbing problems in a high rise building. She was writing a novel about a Super that worked on a Chicago apartment building.
Unusual but not. We talked for a while about different ideas that would make sense written into a plot; Plumbing stuff that is.
Today a book came in the mail, and it's the conversation coming back to me again.
I can hardly wait to read it now. She sent me a signed hardcopy to keep, and I bought the digital version for my Kindle. The reviews look good, so I'm looking forward to seeing how a little bit of plumbing knowledge works it's way into a novel. Cool :)
11 Stories (chriscander.com)

chris_cander_11_stories_b.jpg

11 Stories (chriscander.com)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I wound up giving this book Five stars.
My son Jamie had read it first and thought parts of the book were like me.
He zipped right through it. I had a book to read first, so I just finished it. I loved it. I read a chapter before sleep each night, looking forward to the book the next night. By the time I was nearing the end of the book, I felt like family. I'm looking forward to the next book that Chris Cander writes. This one was a fun read, and surprised me too. Very nice. :)

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is cool as hell. I read a lot of mysteries and such where they don't quite get the technical stuff right. I'm glad they had the sense to reach out to someone who can help them get it right.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks