Connecting condensate pump to tub overflow pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Lemmy

Reaction score
I am installing a new Kohler tub and a Kohler Pureflow cable drain. They are available in Sch 40 PVC or brass.

21rlzhXsu8L.jpg

I am wanting to connect my condensate pump up to the pipe coming down from the overflow and was wondering what the best way to do this was. I was planning on crimping a PEX line to the condensate pump. Someone brought up cutting in to the PVC and inserting one of these in the line (PVC tailpiece with a dishwasher connection)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DBHL-1-1...ye-Tailpiece-HPP9816/100347489#specifications

Does this sound like the best idea? Or could I get the brass Pureflow drain and drill a hole in the pipe and install a fitting of some kind? I would just think that where the fitting come in could cause clogging problems. I just wanted to run this idea by the experts before I bought all of these parts and screwed something up. One thing I am concerned about is I don't think those sink tailpieces are the same size as the PVC in the tub overflow drain. Thanks.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Yo are correct. THe drain is sch. 40 pipe, and the tailpiece is tubing, you could install a "Y" in the overflow with a 45 elbow vertically with a section of pipe into it.

Lemmy

Reaction score
That sounds like a good option, however what type of fittings would I need to convert from the 3/8" pex to the sch 40 PVC pipe?

Lemmy

Reaction score
So it looks like I would need a 1-1/2 slip fit to female pipe thread (hopefully 3/4") bushing and then use a 1/2 pex to (3/4") pipe thread adapter.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks