New guy with some questions about removing silt on a well system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
And my understanding is that the commercial entity (mobile home park) was either grandfathered or had to go through a permitting process to be allowed to build the park. The park has to maintain the well(s) and distribution system and decided to specifically charge for water, I don't see a problem with that.

Also, I don't know of anywhere that a mobile home park well wouldn't be considered a commercial well rather than a private well. Or that the owner would not be under specific timely water quality testing requirements which most private residential wells are not. That is usually done under the EPA Small Water System regulations or a state/county reg governing mobile home parks. The same applies to campgrounds although I've never heard of one charging separately for water but there are those that do so for electric and have a meter on each site.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its a pretty common thing up here although I do suspect that most were grandfathered.

chasmosis1

Reaction score
Sorry about that I typed all of this up but must not have hit post.

To receive a well permit the State of New Mexico require all new wells to have meters on them. The owner is allowed so many acres of water depending on property size. I was lucky enough to be grandfathered in to a farm/ranch permit which allows me more water rights. I am supposed to report the reading monthly to the State Engineers Office, but have not done it up to this point. I don't know of anybody, other than me, that has even installed the meter, no less send in a reading. I only installed the meter on my 5yr? old well 6 months ago while doing some needed re-plumbing in the well house. About once a year I receive a threat letter. When I call them and tell them that the meter was never installed they politely tell me that it needs to be. I mention to them that the paperwork says that the install needs to be inspect, at which point they tell me not to worry about it, just to install it myself and send in the paperwork. I honestly don't know what they would do if you use more than you are allowed to. From what I can tell the state does not have the manpower or the money to enforce this. Just another law made up without any thought given to how to enforce it.

chasmosis1

Reaction score
Gary, I honestly don't know what I'll do with the well house once I move the equipment. You do have a good idea though.

chasmosis1

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have posted, however, I did decide to take the advise given here and I installed the equipment in an insulated closet in my shop that I built specifically for it. I ran an additional 70' of pipe out to the shop, installed a bypass, and ran it 70' back to the house. This, however, has created the new problem of the back washed water freezing, as it now goes out on the ground as grey water rather than being plumbed into the septic system, but I am working on correcting that problem. I now have the equipment installed and running, though I decided not to install the Rusco filter before the Fleck 7000sxt. So my current installation is: well head-meter-pressure tank-Fleck 7000sxt-Fleck 9100sxt-house. The Fleck 7000sxt it used as a backwash filter and is set to backwash every 5 days. The Fleck 9100sxt is used to condition the water. I have not had a water test performed yet and therefore I am just playing with the settings on it. Anybody have a suggestion on where I should get a water test? How about what exactly I should be testing for? I do know that I need to pull the sample before the filter/softener.

Thanks again to all of you for the help getting to this point.

Reach4

Reaction score
Anybody have a suggestion on where I should get a water test? How about what exactly I should be testing for? I do know that I need to pull the sample before the filter/softener.

People have spoken well of http://www.watercheck.com/

What to test for? First, what do you want to test? After your softener to check hardness? In that case, consider instead getting a softness measuring kit such as the Hach 5B would be good. Are you looking to test the filtered water to see if it is potable? Looking for pathogenic bacteria? Do you want to check the raw well water? That would be something you would do before adding those items previously.

How does your processed water seem to you before testing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks