(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: supplemental heat - bathroom

Hybrid View

Default supplemental heat - bathroom

any advise on a bathroom exhaust fan w/heater in it? or is heated flooring a better option for a basement bathroom?

flooring is way more spendy than an exhaust fan w/heater, but does the fan/heater work?

An exhaust fan with heat, on the ceiling, is not my favorite....because it is on the ceiling, and heat rises! I like small electric wall heaters, but they limit where you can hang towels, and are dicey if you have young-uns. I like in-floor heat, but that is a big job in the basement.

Jimbo pretty well sums it up. I have a ceiling heat/light/vent combo in a new bathroom in my basement, and while it works OK, it doesn't provide the heat of the in wall heater in my master bath. I can hang towels on a rack above the heater, but I have to avoid letting them hang too low. The in wall is cheaper and easier to install and replace than the ceiling unit.

An exhaust fan heater is a bit oxymoronic. You are exhausting the air from right where it is hottest; losing heat in a big way while standing there drying off.

This is true! That's yet another disadvantage of the all in one ceiling fixtures.

why not just run a supply line from your hvac into the batroom. if you have forced air run a 4 or 5" line from your trunk. if you have baseboard heat run a loop thru the bathroom. if you can't afford the electric floor mats get some slippers.

did you hear me that time?