Rainbird ESP-M Controller Problem???

Users who are viewing this thread

etsherman

Reporter
Reaction score
I have a 7 station ESP-M controller that has 4 stations on the main module and 3 stations on an expansion module. All has been working correctly for the past few years until recently. The problem is with the last station #7 on the expansion module. The controller will advance to this station, start the countdown but it seems like the valve tries to open (spray heads squirts water) but that's it. It never comes on. However, I can manually advance to controller to station #7 and it will work correctly. Also, I can switch station 7 with station 6 and station 7 will come on in place of 6.

Is the problem the controller itself or just the module will need to be replaced???

Thanks,

Cameron Wishart

Reaction score
However, I can manually advance to controller to station #7 and it will work correctly. Also, I can switch station 7 with station 6 and station 7 will come on in place of 6.

If you are able to run the station thru the controller manually the station & module are functional. If the zone operates properly on a different station, you know the valve & circuit is functional.

Sounds like it could be a scheduling issue if it only malfunctions.

I would check the runtime for station #7 in all programs (A,B,C,D). If that does not resolve the issue, try resetting the controller (typically with something small on the back of the faceplate) and reprogramming.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks