Freestanding toilet paper holder

Users who are viewing this thread

Boilermaker27

Reaction score
I am finally getting this project underway and have a question about the toilet paper holder. I am using a bathtub and managed to get about 15 1/2 inches from the center of the toilet to the bathtub, and that within plumbing code. To the left of the toilet I plan to put in a pedestal sink, so I have nowhere to place a toilet paper holder other than behind the toilet. However, I could build a small wall about 18" from the center of the toilet opposite the bathtub, extend that wall out maybe 24" (approximate guess} and mount the toilet paper holder on that wall. That would separate the sink from the toilet but bring the tp holder more toward the front, that will put the wall to tub measurement at 33", well above the 30" by code for the toilet space. The pedestal sink is 27" and that would leave a space of 30" from wall to wall for the pedestal sink. Can't stretch that measurement any further because of overhead duct work and I have to put the wall between the hot air duct and the return duct to the furnace where I have a distance of 4 1/2", just enough to put a 2x4 between the two ducts. The other alternative is to put the toilet paper holder behind the toilet between the pedestal sink and the toilet. Which way should I go, open to any idea's?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are endless styles of free standing toilet paper holders out there. Something like what Craig said. I'm sure you can find one you like.

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
Or inside a vanity!

whereisit.jpgsecretdoor.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
THere is no vanity if he is going to use a pedestal lav like he said he was. IF he does use a vanity, the TP holder can screw to the side of it next to the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks