ABS Pipe Primer

Users who are viewing this thread

Traveller

Reaction score
I was helping a friend install a 4" ABS drain system in his basement. As is typical of 4" ABS pipe, I removed the burrs from the end of the sawn pipe, applied ABS glue to both pipe and fitting, and still needed a block of wood and hammer to drive the pipe home in the joint. My friend asked me if I thought ABS primer would help and I informed him there was no such thing. He then went to his shop and returned with a can of primer labelled "ABS Pipe Primer".

Always willing to try something new, I applied this primer to both pipe and fitting on the next joint, prior to the glue, and voila! the pipe slid home in the fitting with the pressure of one finger.

I have phoned every plumbing supply store I know of and no one seems to have heard of ABS Primer. My friend thinks he may have bought this can in the USA, but is not sure.

Has anyone heard of ABS Pipe Primer??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks