Noisy Kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

A2TheMAX

Reaction score
I have a kitchen faucet (a Moen) that when turned on full pressure, hot or cold or both, Squeels like the sound of a hot water sound. This is the only fixture in the house that does this. I've cleened the screen and h+c handles and still I'm baffled. I even took off the goose neck to see if there was any air lock. Didn't help. Not only is it anoying, it's loud and at night even louder. Any Ideas ? HELP!!! :eek:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Somebody else indicated that this can be caused by a washer or valve seat that is loose in the faucet. Not sure of the construction of that faucet.

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what a "Squeels like the sound of a hot water sound" actually sounds like and why it would be "louder" at night.
Make sure both shut off valves are fully opened, replacing the Moen cartridge will probably silence the squealing noise.

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Night Noises

When customers said louder at night I think it means there is not the usual day time noise to cover it up. My favorite customer described sound is the one that said their toilet sounded like a Whale Moaning in Heat.
If you have a sprayer you probably have some debri in the diverter. If not then the debri could be at the cartridge.

rebeljones

Reaction score
Was this problem ever resolved?

A2themax, were you able to resolve your screaming faucet? I'm having the same trouble. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Rebel

A2TheMAX

Reaction score
Screaming Faucet

Hey Rebel,
Sorry man but I haven't gotten any where with the noisy thing. I'm thinking about going out and getting a new one to swap it with. Sorry I can't help ya if you have the same problem. Now if on the other hand you have suggestions, I will readily take any advie you have. I have never in my 49 years had on like this. And in my own house no less.

:( A2TheMAX :(

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Debris

Water sounds come from water moving past an obstruction. On A2Max's two handle faucet, if the noise comes from both hot and cold then it usually is in the spout. A doesn't mention if he has a sprayer and has checked the diverter to the sprayer but A does say he removed a goose neck which may be the spout. Shutting off the water and removing the cartridges and turning the water on again briefly, may clear the debris. May also make a mess. This may be a two person job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks