(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: new 7000sxt not completely softening water

Default new 7000sxt not completely softening water

Hi guys, I purchased a 7000sxt valve, 1.5 cu ft water softner about 2 months ago. My water is 25 hardness with no iron. After installing the softener it and running a regen cycle the water was noticeably softer, but not completely soft. I started out with 9lbs of salt per regen and have slowly increased it to 22lbs. The water is still not completely soft. It doesn't get any better or worse through the week as the softened water is used up. It seems like there is hard water that is bypassing the softener. Is that possible? Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can give me.

Download the service guide, go into master programming mode, write down your settings and post them here. Order a Hach 5B hardness test kit so you can measure hardness before and after.
    Lifespeed

Who did the setup and install?
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hach 5B please.

Only one person on this site can tell how hard water is, or is not, without a test kit.

I'll get a hardness kit asap and post the results and settings. I did the install and setup myself. As far as the water softness I can tell when taking a shower, there is a big difference.