Drake II Choice and Color

Users who are viewing this thread

drmtesta

Reaction score
Thanks for helping with this. I have two questions;

1. Does anyone know if the Drake II Cotton White matches the allen+ roth white vanity tops (Vitreous china). We are trying to match a bowl with this vanity: http://www.lowes.com/pd_339397-5444...oduct_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=Black|Dark

The pictures do not seem to match this bowl but it may just be the pic:
http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=407

2. We are replacing an older Toto toilet which was elongated but 1.6 rather than 1.29. Should I measure anything in the bathroom to ensure this bowl will work? Distance of the pipe? I'd hate to order this and find out it won't fit.

Thanks in advance for any help. I need to buy this stuff kind of quickly and get it installed before a big family gathering.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I don't know about the matching color stuff. I would call Toto customer service 1-888-295-8134 and ask them. They are very nice and might be able to get you a definitive answer.

On the measurement stuff -- heck yes!! Particularly because I don't know what Toto you have in there now. Some Toto toilets can happily fit on a rough-in as much as 1 inch shorter than the standard, while others won't. Some Toto toilets use a special adapter to fit on a variety of rough-ins.

So -- you should measure the "rough-in". This is the distance from the finished wall (not the baseboard, the finished wall) to the centerline of the closet flange. If the toilet is still mounted, you don't know for absolute certainty where the closet flange centerline is, but most likely it is the line between the two bolts (or white bolt caps) on your toilet (assuming that it isn't a "skirted" toilet without such caps). The standard is 12 inches. Some older homes had 10" or 14". Some other homes have weirdo rough-ins because of structural issues (e.g. beam in the way) or subsequent remodeling (e.g. moved wall a bit, added tile to wall, etc.).

If you have 12", then the Drake II will fit fine. If you have 10" or 14" and you like the Drake II appearance, consider the Vespin II, which is like a Drake II except it has a "skirt", underneath which is Toto's Unifit Adapter, which allows a single toilet to fit on either 10", 12" or 14" rough-in.

Anyway, do the measurement and let us know what you have and we will let you know if it will fit. Also measure where the water inlet is on the wall as compared to the centerline of the toilet (i.e. 3" left of center, etc.) and let us know about that as well.

Good luck. (You're probably going to be just fine but best to measure!)

drmtesta

Reaction score
That's a great reply. Very thorough. Thank you. Ill do the measurements and and a note tomorrow. Thanks again!!

drmtesta

Reaction score
So the distance from the back wall to the sender of the pipe is 12" and the distance from the water valve to the center is about 6". Should be good then, right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks