Next Step toilet seat for a skirted toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

WaterWiseWannabe

Reaction score
I have a Toto Aquia II dual flush toilet (elongated) which is a skirted toilet. Recently, I tried to buy a Bemis Next Step toilet seat but could not install it. I talked with a local plumbing supplier who sells Bemis and he said that there is no Next Step toilet seat option for skirted toilets. I was hoping someone could tell me if there is another brand that does provide a Next Step type of toilet seat for a skirted toilet.

Failing that, other suggestions would be helpful. We are in a small house with one small bathroom and the Next Step style toilet seat would be the best option for us. So far, our son has not taken too enthusiastically to potty training and I think that this is part of why. Ideally, we would like something integrated into the toilet so that adults don't have to remove anything when using the toilet. -There really isn't the space for it.

Appreciatively,
Leah

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
All I can suggest is to do what millions of others have done for years. Just use a removable potty seat. Yeah, it ain't purty, but that's what goes with having kids. When my kids were little, a diaper pail was a standard feature in our bathroom. Ya just gotta make do sometimes.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia bowl lifts off the adapter. You can use that seat if you lift the bowl off, install the seat, and then drop it back down on the adapter.
The Aquai bowl pins with two screws that go through the side of the bowl.

aquia_install_fig_5.jpg

Normally for the Aquia, you would use the drop in anchors and thread the seat bolts in from the top.

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
What is the issue? That you can't get to the nuts that hold the seat from underneath? Is that why Terry explains how to remove the bowl? Presumably he is saying that if you take off the bowl then you can reach up inside and hold the nuts while you screw in the seat...is my understanding correct?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are also blind expansion nuts you can buy at many well-equipped hardware stores and sometimes, you can find them at a big box store that give you a nut you can insert from the top without any access from below.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks