Help me solve my water issues!

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
xtensive studies have been done. The most common conclusion was as Tom said, not a problem. That being said, I would highly recommend designing the system to be as efficient as it reasonably can be, there is no need to try to break the septic system with massive amounts of unneccesary salt and water. Here is a report from the WQA (ignore the person on this site who says the WQA is a stupid waste of time and money and only suckers would join...) that goes over the septic system and softener debate in fairly good detail. There are other reports out there that back up these reports. http://www.wqa.org/sitelogic.cfm?ID=363

jrd

Reaction score
Metered vs. Timered?

Is there a preference? I have offers for setups with metered, and setups with timered. I'm trying to figure out if one has a significant advantage over the other.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Timer is not even legal in many states. Metered always.

Time-clock designs may save you a few dollars up front, but can use significantly more salt and water.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Can a mechanical 2510 be converted to metered? Is it worth it? It's 12 years old, shows some iron discoloration, otherwise working OK, as far as I know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks