Toilet Rough In Problem(?)

Users who are viewing this thread

leesburg_dave

Reaction score
Hello. I am installing a bathroom in the unfinished part of my basement. The builder installed rough-ins using 4" PVC for the W/C. The builder's floor plan, when looking at the fixtures is like this: Left wall, 48" vanity cabinet, W/C, tub/shower. The bathroom size is 112" wide and 60" deep. Center of this PVC to the new framing will be 12-1/2" (I think I'm OK there?) and the center of this pipe to the edge of the bathtub will be 17". So far so good. Here's my question: We bought a 48" wide vanity base cabinet and a 49" wide piece of granite for the top. The distance from the vanity base cabinet side to the center of the pipe is 15" (and that's taking into account the finished wall on the left side of the cabinet). However, when you place the granite vanity top in place, it hangs over 1" on the right side. Does this cause a code violation or do they measure from the vanity base cabinet side to the toilet? Thanks in advance.

David

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks