Older Rainsoft LMB 1135

Users who are viewing this thread

boazcan

Reaction score
Hey Guys -

Been nosing around here, but cannot find my specific issue discussed. If there is a link that you know, please post it and will go from there. Thanks!!

I have an older 10/2000 manufacture date that I inherited with the house that we bought a few years ago. It has been working pretty good, but recently just stopped working. I didn't see a fuse or breaker on the control panel visable. I was curious the troubleshooting steps to figure out the malfunction. It will not manually regenerate. It has always done that with no problem. Seems to be no power to the control panel/head.

Thanks for your time and assistance!

Bryan

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Photo of the unit would help, but I will go with the Fleck 5000 like valve with the non digital set up, dials and wheels on the front.
Either the timer motor is bad or if there is a trans former it is bad or both.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Picture please. Rainsoft uses pretty standard equipment. We can usually figure out what it is with a picture.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have a multimeter check for voltage to the timer motor. If not check the transformer

boazcan

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, thanks for the feedback.
IMG_20130902_175823_694_zps256f5f54.jpg

IMG_20130902_180052_869_zps96b87ac3.jpg

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
But the odd thing is that the date is 2000.
I think it was one of the last of that timer but on say the 5000 valve?
A photo from the back?

ditttohead

Reaction score
Agreed. I used that timer for many years on the old Schurz valve and the aquamatic nests. Bruner and more. I have only seen it on a few others, the piston driven aquamatic from the 80's? Please post more pictures.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The last of that type of valve and control.
It is time to look for a replacement rather hand trying to track down the parts for it as most likely you will not find them in any short order.

boazcan

Reaction score
Is there a link to a replacement for this set up? I would rather replace it. Is it better to just buy an entire new set up? If so, what would you recommend? 4 person house, typical family setup. Thanks.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could probably use the old resin tank and maybe even the resin too along with the brine tank and float assembly and just change out the valve and distributer tube. There are a bunch of online dealers that would probably hook you up with a Fleck 5600 or a Fleck 7000SXT and the rest of the stuff you would need. If you go that route I think it makes sense to change out the resin rather than have to mess with it and wonder how many more years you can get out of it.

ditttohead

Reaction score
I would lean towards replacing the unit completely. Tom is right, you may be able to replace just the head, but... I dont have any of these in my "Museum" to see if the tank thread is standard or proprietary.

MemeInNJ

Reaction score
I would lean towards replacing the unit completely. Tom is right, you may be able to replace just the head, but... I dont have any of these in my "Museum" to see if the tank thread is standard or proprietary.
I realize it has been a few years since this online forum occurred....but im up a creek, and unfortunately have a rainsoft system. I have the same set up pictured by boazcan. It runs great as its only used seasonally. Problem? There is a clear plastic valve (pictured above) that is cracked on mine. Please help me in identifying a part number? Ive attached a picture. Thank you !!!

Attachments

• IMG_2751.PNG
    IMG_2751.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 212
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks