Dual temperature POU heater?

Users who are viewing this thread

boomboxnation

Reaction score
Our tanked water heater just blew out. Considering that this one only supplied hot water for our kitchen sink, I am thinking of an under the counter electric to replace it. I was just wondering if there is a model out there that provides both 'normal' hot water as well as a dispenser for 'near boiling' water? I have tried every google search known to man, as well as combed this forum...nothing turns up. Seems like a no brainer...but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance...

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Having an untempered 'near boiling' output from a water heater would be a code violation, though you could probably hack an electric tankless to deliver a temperature that high.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The highest settings I see from water heater that's not for "Instant Hot" devices seems to be 180.

I think you are looking at two seperate devices.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The issue with near boiling temperatures is with any slight error, it could flash to steam and become a bomb unless specifically designed for it. The larger the water tank, the bigger the bomb potential, which is why most hot water dispensers either make it as you request, or have only a small tank.

For water out of your tap in a home, code wants it limited to less than 120-degrees (but the tank could be hotter - code would require it to have a tempering valve on the outlet to limit it, though).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks