Collapsed well repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Memo

Reaction score
I have a 38' well that recently has collapsed. Inside the well casing I have water at about 7' and sand at 8'. Inside the 2" galvanized pipe, I have water at 7' and sand at 15'. I replaced a 1/2 hp jet pump with a 1hp jet pump and it filled up with sand and seized the pump within a few minutes of operating. The hardware store opened up the pump and found the impelar area packed full of sand. I am thinking about pulling the pipe out and pounding a sandpoint down to about 20' and hook up the pump again. Will a sandpoint be sufficient to keep the sand out and still allow an adequate flow of water?

Last edited:

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
You have to get the screen of the sand point into a porous layer of soil, and the depth of the water table isn't necessarily where the porous soil is. A new point might also have to penetrate 38 feet deep.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The old point and pipe are useless. It needs new everything, including location

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks