Deep well seal & conduit identification

Users who are viewing this thread

croghanite

Reaction score
The galvanized conduit coming out of the seal is the house supply. What does the pvc conduit go to? Is this for venting?

I need to loosen the seal so I can shock the well including the casing. I want to make sure that's not a 5' long vent pipe that's going to drop in the casing when I take the seal off!

Secondly, Is this a two piece seal? If I loosen all four bolts is half of this thing going to fall down?

SANY1121.jpg

Attachments

• SANY1120.jpg
    SANY1120.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 254

croghanite

Reaction score
BTW, The well was drilled in '98. is 220' deep with a 30' static level and an 8 yield. It's marked on the name plate.

Is that good? I calculate needing to dump 1.5 gallons of bleach in my system to shock the entire house. 280 gallons in the well, 50 gallon hot water heater, 30 gallon tank, 10 gallons for the lines in the house. 2ppm of bleach.

Is that right?

I'm going away for a week and I plan to let it sit in the system all week.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks