Water Filtration system install

Users who are viewing this thread

2Quik

Reaction score
I am looking to install a water filtration system to my house.
I would like to know if my connection order is correct before i proceed. Would there be any issues with connection order?
does my connection setup look good or bad?

Thanks.

Attachments

• filter_waterheater.jpg
    filter_waterheater.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 214

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
More details would be helpful. Or... be sure to not connect the filtered water to the irrigation, pool, fire suppression.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Fire suppression must not be connected to the water treatment systems. Most Fire suppression systems have higher velocity allowances thus the water filter could lower the fire suppressions volume.

A 1" pipe can flow 45 GPM, a 1" softener usually maxes out at 15-18 GPM.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Most Fire suppression systems have higher velocity allowances thus the water filter could lower the fire suppressions volume.

A 1" pipe can flow 45 GPM, a 1" softener usually maxes out at 15-18 GPM.

I wondered about that; What DO you do, then, if your water has a pH of 5, say, or very high solids?

Lifespeed

Reaction score
I wondered about that; What DO you do, then, if your water has a pH of 5, say, or very high solids?

Filter and raise the PH before storing it in a tank? I know people on wells who remove the iron pre-storage-tank, and put an ozonator in the tank to keep it sanitary. Actually a pretty neat setup that greatly reduces iron buildup in the tank and the associated maintenance. Does wonders for the longevity of automatic irrigation, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks