Ultramax II: The Same, Only Different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lkstaack

Reaction score
I recently purchased and installed a Toto Ultramax II because I really liked the regular Ultramax I had. I found that they were quite a bit different in appearance and perfomance even though their descriptions were similar. Specifications indicate that they are both standard size with elongated bowls. However, the Ultramax II is taller with a smaller and more round bowl. Is this typical?

The model numbers for the two toilets are:
-Ultramax: MS854114SG#01
-Ultramax II: MS604114CEFG#01

Performance wise, I find the Ultramax II to be quieter and better at rinsing the bowl. However, it isn't as powerful as the Ultramax with the G-Max valve.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They both fit the SS114 elongated seat. Bowl dimensions are the same.
The II series is at 16-1/8" height, which is 1.5" higher then the standard height Ultramax.

The S series uses 1.6 gallons, vs the 1.28 gallons of the E series.
If you feel the need for more water, holding the handle down at times will give you that extra amount.

The II or maybe I should say C series uses cyclone rinse. It swirls the rinse around the bowl, instead of the straight down rinse of the original.

Lkstaack

Reaction score
I just measured the inside diameter of the two bowls to prove they are different sizes. However, they are the same.... as you said. I wonder why the II looks smaller than the 1 to me? Perhaps the added height? I think the lower 1 is more comfortable than the II, but I may feel differently as I age.

The II flushes well for the water used, but it requires a second flush occasionally to eliminate floating particles. The 1 doesn't; it's the flushing boss. Also, the 1 doesn't swirl water around the bowl...but it doesn't need to to keep things clean.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can attest to the fact that you will appreciate the added height as you age. As I am approaching 80, it extremely uncomfortable is I have to use a standard height toilet. Not the sitting so much, it's the getting up that is difficult.

ms604-bike.jpg

MS604114CEFG
Ultramax II

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks