Kitchen Sink Drain Rough in Height

Users who are viewing this thread

slippy field

Reaction score
Assume a standard counter height, a standard drop in single bay sink, no disposer or anything else, what is the maximum center drain point could a guy could guy away with. Reason I ask is I had some help last weekend and although I'm not in front of it to measure it, I think it has to be at least 20 inches, maybe higher. The thought of hole sawing out the 2X4s again really makes me want to drink. I've done a search for the suggested heights but didn't know what the max a guy could get away with.

Thanks for any input.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kitchen sink rough

7.5" bowl over mounted with disposer you can get by with 19"
10" undermount bowl with disposer better at 16"

Without the disposer, you can raise it 2". However, that may also mean a future disposer would not be possible.

slippy field

Reaction score
was afraid of that. Might need a new drill. That hole sawing ain't easy on the old girl. Appreciate the information. I will have plenty of other questions to bother you with. Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
as a practical matter, depending on the style of drain fitting you use in the sink, you could get by with the drain about 5" below the bottom of the sink, since it just HAS to be an inch or so below the sink's strainer fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks