Help! Replacing bath tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Tominct81464

Reaction score
Hi,

I have replaced an old tub with a new one, but it didn't fit perfectly in the surround, something not square, I read the instructions b/c I was concerned about where the wall would sit....the directions said
To place fur strips on the beams....so I did, but. Know that the tub wall will extend out 1/4 inch more than the regular drywall!? What to do???

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You have a basic framing problem, but without actually seeing it there is no way to answer your question. Furring strips are usually NOT the solution if you have to match to an existing surface, however.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Almost anytime you remodel you have to compensate for out-of-square and/or non level surfaces. There are no pat answers that will solve every problem you encounter, you have to be creative.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks