Chlorinator Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

ineedwellhelp

Reaction score
Mods: please delete this thread - didn't realize there was a separate water softener forum when I posted here. Thanks!

I just bought a home with a Rainsoft system that also has a chlorinator and am trying to come to grips with well systems for the first time.

There's a separate tank which both the previous owner and the Rainsoft service company said to put pool chlorine tablets in.

I added some 1" pool chlorine tablets and the system seems to be working fine as the sulfur smell is gone but now I'm reading that pool chlorine isn't safe for drinking. What should I be using instead?

Rainsoft service company said the chlorinator is a Stenner but I'm not sure if that's correct or not.

Is it possible to add too much chlorine to the tank? What's the best way to verify it's enough but not too much?

When should the water should be pumping into the chlorine tank? Is it every time the pump is running or only during the regeneration of the Rainsoft system? Thanks in advance for any help or advice - I have 2 small children so I want to make sure I get this stuff right!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks