Please help me identify this (w/pics)

Users who are viewing this thread

RickHB

Reaction score
I am having difficulty figuring out what I have here. My bathtub faucet is leaking and I have removed one of the acryllic handles, only to find this metal sleeve. Before I go to battle in trying to remove it, I tried to find a schematic of the faucet handle online but didn't have much luck.

There are no indications of a make or model anywhere on the hardware. My house was built in 1976 and I fear this gem may be an original item.

Thanks in advance for any info...

Attachments

• handle1.JPG
    handle1.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 343
  • handle2.JPG
    handle2.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 304

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

It is a Price Pfister faucet with Marquis handles. The metal sleeve comes off, but usually with great difficulty. If you break the stem or sleeve, Home Depot has the stems but take one with you because they have several different ones and the clerk may give you the wrong one. They will not have Marquis handles, especially in the smoked shade, but may have Windsor ones which are better and do not use the sleeve.

RickHB

Reaction score
Thanks!

HJ,

Thanks for your prompt response. I now have some info with which to search for a schematic.

I have a feeling I'll end up cutting those buggers off in the end anyway.

Thanks again,

Rick

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pp

First grab the metal handle adapter, which is what the sleeve is, with a pair of pliers and rock it gently back and forth a couple of times, then grab it at a point 90 degrees from the original point and do it again while pulling up on it. Keep moving back and forth between the two positions and it should come off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks