my well isnt acting right

Users who are viewing this thread

menzerick

Reaction score
so my well is down 315' I have a 2500 gal holding tank and everything is set up pretty normal. i also have a pressure tank and a secondary pump, and a pump saver wired in. the well pump is 1 1/2 hp.it only pumps water into the holding tank for about 5 seconds and stops. if I let it sit for about a half an hour with the pump and pump saver turned off, it pumps for about a minute and shuts off. shouldnt it just keep pumping until my holding tank says its full and shut off. i don't know if the pump saver is detecting too much load and telling it to shut off, or im running out of water, or the pump is bad. i don't care if it pumps only a couple gallons a minute just as long as it keeps pumping. a couple seconds at a time just doesn't seem right. any input would be great.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to start by checking the amp draw on the pump and the static level of the water in the well.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Bypass the pump saver, go direct to the pump, see if the pump will continue to run. If not, electrical if it quits either you are pumping the well down or the pump is bad

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks