(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fleck 5600sxt help needed

What was installed for an iron filter?
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

I have added Iron out and res cleaner several times with no result and I mean several times
    and it would not clear up/ staining everything I even went as far as to shock our well and it helped
    for a bit but then it got bad again.
    This was as far as im concerned the best decision for my family.
    His test may have been off a bit as well but I tell you nice water is nice,
    less shampooing and no tinny taste in your mouth.

I will have to check what brand it is when I get home and will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    All that instead of running a resin cleaner like Iron Out or Super Iron Out through the 8 year old softener you had. Man he didn't do you any favor.

Anyway, that .3 ppm of iron past the new iron filter says the new iron filter is not removing all the iron and that means it is not working right and that means the softener needs to be sized and programmed to remove that .3 ppm of iron. And if not, then eventually you will get hard water through the softener. You are being ripped off and seem to be OK with that... But then so is dittohead.
    Nice troubleshooting there Skippy LOL
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Jason123456 View Post
    I have added Iron out and res cleaner several times with no result and I mean several times
    and it would not clear up/ staining everything I even went as far as to shock our well and it helped

The guy you had to come out to fix the softener should have done the IO cleaning.

That is different than adding IO etc. to the brine tank as per the instructions on the containers. He (you) would mix like a dry measure cup of IO in a couple gallons of warm water in a bucket and stir while adding water until all the IO was dissolved into it. Then stick the brine line in the bucket and start a manual regeneration and when Backwash is done, let it get into brine draw and suck the solution into the resin tank for like 15 minutes and pull the plug on the control valve. Wait 15-30 minutes and reconnect the brine line in the brine tank, pour any remaining solution into the water in the brine tank and plug in the control valve and let it finish the regeneration. I have never seen that fail to clean resin and the internals of a valve. Of course he would have had to fix the no brine draw problem first but he'd rather, like many local dealers, plumbers and drillers, sell a new softener etc., so he didn't fix it.

With .3 ppm of iron after the filter now, copy/paste this into a text file so if you need it some time in the future you have it.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason123456 View Post

Reading is fundamental LOL
    Last edited by Tom Sawyer; 09-10-2013 at 04:21 AM.

I agree, and so is using IO and shocking a well correctly.

Especially when none of that had had been done for years until the softener was loaded up with serious iron fouling. And the guy that sold him the new equipment couldn't find and fix the cause of no brine draw when he was specifically called out to do that. So tell us how IO was used when the unit wasn't drawing brine or not doing it very well.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

doing a whole lot of back peddling lately there Skippy LOL

Hmmmmmmmm If you truly believe what you posted then why didn't you post that earlier on in the thread? I thought you
    were the DIY helpful guy LOL

Lets see now your post #8....Nope
    Post # 12....Nope
    Finally by post #15 you mention IO but by then it was too late and the post didn't contain your patented detailed description of how to use IO

It seems lately like your MO is to nit pick and critisize and disrupt the thread rather than post anything of use.
    Last edited by Tom Sawyer; 09-10-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reading through the past several threads (for the past many years) and I have to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    doing a whole lot of back peddling lately there Skippy LOL

Hmmmmmmmm If you truly believe what you posted then why didn't you post that earlier on in the thread? I thought you
    were the DIY helpful guy LOL

Lets see now your post #8....Nope
    Post # 12....Nope
    Finally by post #15 you mention IO but by then it was too late and the post didn't contain your patented detailed description of how to use IO

It seems lately like your MO is to nit pick and critisize and disrupt the thread rather than post anything of use.
    Yes I beleive the local dealer sold new equipment rather than fix a brine draw problem.
    The OP's questions were answered in post #2 and #4.

Ya don't like what I say or how I say it, act like a grownup and don't read my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    Yes I beleive the local dealer sold new equipment rather than fix a brine draw problem.
    The OP's questions were answered in post #2 and #4.

Ya don't like what I say or how I say it, act like a grownup and don't read my posts.
    You go first LOL