Cistern well overfill question

Users who are viewing this thread

andrmegn

Reaction score
We live in an older Victorian home with a cistern well for water supply. We don't know anything about it but have noticed the well is completely full lately. Is this anything we should be concerned about? It doesn't appear to be affecting our water pressure.

Thanks!
Andrea

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Where does the water come from? The cisterns I've worked with in the past were tanks under the house that were filled from roof gutters. If it has rained a lot and you have that type of cistern, that might be why.

andrmegn

Reaction score
There is a well pump in the base of the cistern. When I first moved here, I never noticed water in the cistern. I have a sump pump hooked up but the water level doesn't ever seem to go down. Where would I find the float switch?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks