New 400' well, submersible pump recommendation?

Users who are viewing this thread

hopskeens

Reaction score
Well Depth: 400'
Depth to water: 150' (not sure if this matters but driller didnt hit water til 375', so backs up 225'+)
Well Recovery: driller guestimates 20-30 GPM
Well hose: 165' from top of well to house
Date Drilled: 2/2013
Well Casing: 6.25 dia, top 9" PVC, rest steal
Well Screen installed, mentioned sand hit, predominately clay/rock here in the hills though
House used, 2 baths, 3 people
Doubt I do a water softner tank

Main question is what pump specs/manufacturer do you recommend: would a goulds 3/4hp 7gpm 230v 1phase 2wire suffice?

Might as well get this out of the way, any ideas on pressure tank, I guess 10gal is fine, what manufacturer? Also, electrical wire, what gauge, from top of well to breaker box is 212'(but need to factor in pump depth)?

Let me know if you need more info, I actually confirmed well depth and water depth myself just to be sure. And if you have any other recommendations or tips Im all ears. Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Are you going to landscape your property? This might involve sprinklers, and that radically changes the demand requirements. (but not your operating costs to supply just the home, even with a larger pump)

For an irrigation system, you would like at least 15 gpm per acre being watered. On the off chance that the recovery rate has been over-stated, there would be value in setting the pump deep, so there is a hundred-plus feet of well casing to pump out, before a recovery time-out might be required.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
As long as the 165’ from the well to the house is horizontal not vertical, I would use a 10 GPM, 1HP submersible with a Pside-Kick kit to control it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks