1/2" compression to 1/2" compression shutoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've been looking for a couple of 1/2" compression to 1/2" compression shutoff (chrome preferably) valves to feed a hot water recirculator. Brasscraft makes them, but nobody seems to stock them. Part # KTCR34C. Anybody got a source? I've spent over an hour searching on the web and stopped at 3 plumbing supply houses, no luck.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tubes

Are sure you want 1/2" compression. Most of the recirculators have a 1/2" ips size connection and you use a 1/2" ips x 1/2" ips to connect it to the faucet.

supply-line-sizes-terrylove-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Reaction score
The recirculator I have (RedyTemp) uses 1/2" connectors on each of 4 connectors. Two go directly to the shutoffs, and the other two go to the faucets. I have 1/2" to 3/8" hoses to go to the faucets. It came with 1/2" to 1/2" hoses to go to the shutoffs, but I can't find any compatible shutoffs. The supply is PEX. I have the stainless steel ferrule to use a compression fitting on the shutoff, but can only find 1/2"x3/8" valves. It would probably work with using the 3/8" shutoffs readily available, but I was looking to minimize the restriction for maximum efficiency.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
After taking a close look at the supplied hoses, it doesn't seem like it would matter if the shut-off was 3/8 or 1/2", as the diameter of the hose on those that have 1/2" fittings is the same as those with 3/8". So, thanks anyways...guess I should have looked at the internal dimensions of the tubing before trying to figure this out. Just means that I need to buy two more hoses to complete this installation since I can't use those supplied.

MrRedyTemp

Reaction score
Hot Water Recirculator Industry Standard Connections Make Install Simple and Quick

jadnashua said:
The recirculator I have (RedyTemp) uses 1/2" connectors on each of 4 connectors. Two go directly to the shutoffs, and the other two go to the faucets. I have 1/2" to 3/8" hoses to go to the faucets. It came with 1/2" to 1/2" hoses to go to the shutoffs, but I can't find any compatible shutoffs. The supply is PEX. I have the stainless steel ferrule to use a compression fitting on the shutoff, but can only find 1/2"x3/8" valves. It would probably work with using the 3/8" shutoffs readily available, but I was looking to minimize the restriction for maximum efficiency.

It appears that you may be some what confused as to the installation procedures. No connections or disconnections of the shut off valves is required. Simply disconnect your current "faucet end" of your current supply line and connect it to the RedyTemp's "industry standard" connection points. Then with the two "supplied flexlines" which came with your RedyTemp, connect one end to your "faucet" connections which previously disconnected and connect the other end of the supplied hose to the RedyTemp. It doesn't get any easier and should take just a few minutes to disconnect and reconnect the flexlines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks