Softener for Townhouse

Users who are viewing this thread

HawkeyeDad

Reaction score
Hello- lot's of good info on this forum- looking for some help in choosing a water softener and maybe a RO system. My wife and I will be moving into a townhome, 2,500 sq ft on 2 levels, 3 BR, DW, fair amount of laundry. Wife likes to take long showers and has become accustomed to soft water. Townhouse water was estimated at 11 grains (by a Kinetico salesman), water company says it is 7. I've been looking at Fleck 5600 or 7000 metered systems in the 1.0 to 1.25 range. Does this sound about right? Any particular features I should look for in choosing a system? Also, does anyone know of a RO systems that will work consistently in an icemaker? I'd like to keep holding tank in lower level and run lines to icemakers in mancave on LL and fridge in upper level.

Thanks!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I would recommend a 1.5 Cu. Ft. 7000. It will cost almost the same as the smaller units.

For your RO system, if you are feeding a fridge, be sure it has 3/8" and I would recommend a permeate pump without an ASOV. This works almost every time.

PM sent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks