CSV on storage tank pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

lennyk

Reaction score
Hello,

In my country water supply is sometimes irregular along with the water pressure.

So typically most houses have a storage tank(800g+) filled from the mains
and utilize a pump/pressure tank to pump water from tank to the house.

Pumps are typically 1/2 to 1.5hp jet type.

House main line is joined with both mains and pump output,
check valve on mains to prevent pump from pumping tank water back to street mains.

Is this the typical ideal situation where a CSV would extend pump and pressure tank life ?
I read that with a CSV the pump runs more often but possibly under less load and less kwh consumption ?
Is this correct ?

thanks,

L

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Is this the typical ideal situation where a CSV would extend pump and pressure tank life ?
I read that with a CSV the pump runs more often but possibly under less load and less kwh consumption ?
Is this correct ?

thanks,

L

The CSV will make the output of the pump match the demand, so the pump runs for longer periods of time, and yes the amps are reduced. This will greatly increase the life of the pump and bladder tank. However, running longer to produce the same amount of water actually causes the KW per gallon to increase slightly. This is only a concern if you have a large pump and use low flow rates for a large portion of the time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks