Grease on new Siemens circ. breaker contacts - need to wipe out before installing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bluebinky

Reaction score
I used Noalox in a couple of places recently (main lugs on my new service). After watching the video, I'm having real doubts about the stuff. Not really worried, since the actual amount is very small and everything was torqued correctly...

Once again, JW, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just had my home telephone box replaced, and the ATT tech said that all their connectors come greased now.

Reaction score
I used Noalox in a couple of places recently (main lugs on my new service). After watching the video, I'm having real doubts about the stuff. Not really worried, since the actual amount is very small and everything was torqued correctly...

Once again, JW, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

No kidding, the actual amount is very small.

Did you slosh around ANYTHING LIKE how much that guy was using for his non-scientific "demonstration"?

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
A spot the size of a BB along with an arc and then all …… well you know what is fixing to break lose

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I just had my home telephone box replaced, and the ATT tech said that all their connectors come greased now.

That is a none conductive grease.

Kind of like Clear Vaseline.

Keeps the moister out.

It is great for low voltage stuff.

They carry in on the truck so they can screw you when you get the bill.

My bad.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is a none conductive grease.

Kind of like Clear Vaseline.

Keeps the moister out.

It is great for low voltage stuff.

They carry in on the truck so they can screw you when you get the bill.

My bad.

Much thicker than Vasaline.
The box is the phone co property, so it was replaced at no cost.
When it comes to screwing with Vasaline...Let's not get into that.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Much thicker than Vasaline.
The box is the phone co property, so it was replaced at no cost.

You will pay for it when you get the monthly bill.

You are correct it is sticky like what you find in Flooded cable.

Last edited:

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
Vaseline soaped cotton balls are a great camp fire starter
Never tried that.
In my emergency pack I have a gallon zip-lock bag full of these with a striker and flint. I can have a fire using green wood in less than three minutes.

While camping these things are better than lighter fluid for starting fires. My oldest grandson thought I had lost my mind when I was pulling drift wood out of the lake to start a fire but he sure thought it was nice around 4AM and the temperature was down to the low 40s. He said, “Pa my belly is full of cat fish and my back side is warm, this is like heaven.â€

Now don’t ask me how we went about getting those cat fish as some person wearing green might be watching this site and I sure don’t want them to know my methods.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks