Users who are viewing this thread

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
The site is definitely loading faster for me at the moment. Good job, Taylor!

At the sites I manage, I have this at the bottom of my footer.php:
?php echo get_num_queries(); ?> queries in ?php timer_stop(1); ?> seconds
...and that typically results in something like this:
60 queries in 0.454 seconds

Maybe you could add something similar here to help people see the difference between site speed and browser speed.

Excellent. Good to hear! Also, I tried using the code you suggested. The methods used appeared to be a part of the wordpress API when I looked it up. Haven't been able to find it in VBulletin yet. Still looking. I think it would be a pretty nice to be able to add that kind of a feature to the site. Perhaps echo the results in a HTML comment that can be checked when you view the source of the web page? Still trying to figure out where you can safely make changes to the code to be able to snag the time it takes to load a page and then display it. If you have any ideas which files I should look into, let me know. Most of the settings for VBulletin templates are stored in MySQL now, so it is a bit of a trick for me to figure out where to insert the additional code.

It looks good to me.

Keep up the good work.
Glad to hear it. Will do!

It's working well today.
Excellent.

Last edited:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks