Trouble getting tee assembly off of a Kohler Revival

Users who are viewing this thread

FredMertz

Reaction score
Thanks to the fine folks on this site, I am undertaking some simple DIY projects and have hit a snag in my first one.

I am trying to remove and replace a Kohler Revival wide spread bathroom sink faucet and I can not get the tee assembly off of the underside of the spout. There doesn't appear to be much to leverage, given that the assembly is mostly round and the spout is already loose.

Any hints or tricks?

Also, any recommendations for a basin wrench that will help with the handles? The standard issue one I purchased can't seem to turn the nute.

Thanks!

Fred

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plumbers don't waste time on rusted threads, they cut/saw them off. Be careful not to damage the counter top and other things along the way.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
A Dremel tool is a useful thing to have in the bag if you are cutting the metal but want to do fine enough work not to damage anything else. Leave the Sawzall elsewhere, for example. ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks