Help identifying this Kohler toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

ehuisvuil

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi,

A guy in my area is selling this never-used Kohler 1.6gpf toilet that he bought about 4 or 5 years ago and put in storage. Does anyone know what model it is and if it flushes well?

Also, I want to use it with a bidet seat. Will it work with one of the standard ones, like a Brondell Swoosh?

Thanks,
Robert

Kohler-top.jpgKohler-16gpf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Take off the tank lid and find the K- number inside. Should be K-_______. That will tell us and you a lot.

ehuisvuil

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take off the tank lid and find the K- number inside. Should be K-_______. That will tell us and you a lot.

So far, I only have the pictures. I probably will have to buy it (or not) when I go see it tomorrow night. I am hoping someone on the thread will recognize it before then.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
So...call the guy and ask him to tell you what the K number is inside the tank; that way we can be sure what you're dealing with.

EDIT: If it has the Ingenium Flush as Terry suggests below -- my own experience is that the Ingenium Flush is a horrible, clog-o-matic mess. Avoid. I removed ours and replaced with a Toto Drake.

Go get something that works. We have plenty of suggestions on here at a variety of price ranges.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it has the Ingenium valve, save your money. I don't know where in Washington you live, but if you are anywhere even half way close to Bothell, just go to Terry and buy a Toto.

ehuisvuil

In the Trades
Reaction score
K-3323 or K-3322 depending on the height. It does have the Ingenium valve.

I don't think it is one of those. Those two toilets both taper in as you look down the side of the tank (see left picture). This one has the porcelain extend down from the tank straight to the floor (see right):

650531512154lg.jpgKohler-top.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
That's an illusion. The tank stops at the level of the bowl in the seller's photo. There is never a need for a tank to go to the floor, since gravity pulls the water out of the tank and into the bowl. There are a couple of versions of the Santa Rosa, and the Kohler photo you posted shows a different tank design by the bowl (concave rather than convex). Also, the plastic masks the fact that the toilet in the photo isn't skirted all the way back.

If Terry and HJ both think it's a Santa Rosa, it's almost certainly a Santa Rosa. Save yourself the aggravation and buy something good.

Last edited:

Khinanight

Reaction score
I believe it is the K-3323 Santa Rosa 1 piece toilet. It has the Ingenum flush and I would recommend against buying this one. It only has a so-so flush at 1.6 gallons per flush.

ehuisvuil

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! I am going to take all this advice and steer clear of this toilet. I probably will get a Drake.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good decision! Too often we get folks supposedly asking for advice when all they really want is an OK to follow their original idea. If you are reasonably close to Bothell, hustle over to Terry's and get your toilet from him. It not only will be the best price, it will help support the man that makes this forum possible.

ehuisvuil

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good decision! Too often we get folks supposedly asking for advice when all they really want is an OK to follow their original idea. If you are reasonably close to Bothell, hustle over to Terry's and get your toilet from him. It not only will be the best price, it will help support the man that makes this forum possible.

Absolutely. I only asked for advice because I actually want the advice.

There's a funny follow-up to this toilet's story. The toilet was a good price for a never-used toilet -- $50. I passed on your advice to the guy who was selling the toilet that it was a Kohler Santa Rosa and that he could look under the tank for the model number. I think he followed the advice because he relisted his ad, this time with the model and number. He raised the price to $100, with a link to a web page with the current price of this model. Personally, I wish him well and hope he gets his price.

I would definitely buy from Terry if I lived close by. I actually live in the Washington that is our nation's capital.

Hey -- quick question -- what's the best toilet ring for installing a Drake?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Just a plain old wax ring is fine. If your closet flange is mounted on top of the finished floor or at least the top of the flange is above the level of the finished floor, one ring should do. If it's below the top of the finished floor, use two rings (the one on top of the flange with no plastic insert, the one above with the plastic flange/funnel insert, or with no funnel; don't stack two with funnels in them)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks