Water well Pressure tank inside house

Users who are viewing this thread

vwMartinez

Reaction score
I am about to have a water well installed. It is a 1-1/2hp submersible that will be 350' deep and located about 50' from the house. It will include a 120 gallon galvanized pressure tank but I am wanting to have the tank installed inside the house. The tank will be located in a closet next to the kitchen and living room, do these tanks make much sound filling with water that would make me regret installing it indoors in a location like this?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would be more concerned with condensation.

If the system is set up with air release valve there will be a slight hissing but that's about it.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You also might hear a little air gurgling each time the pump starts. And if you are using the old style air over water tank because you have Sulfur or something stinky in the water, the air volume control might be letting the "stink" in the house.

vwMartinez

Reaction score
Would the tank have much condensation if it was in a air conditioned space? I guess I could have it installed on a water heater over flow catch pan that drains outside.

vwMartinez

Reaction score
I did not think about the air release valve letting sulfur smelling air out inside the house. I will question them about that. Thanks

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
About the condensation, it would depend on the temp of the ground water where you are. Here in Ct the water is about 53 degrees.

I forgot about the possible surfer smell.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put the tank in the garage, not the house. It will sweat in the summer time. Our GW temp is 67-72* here in SE Texas. Also have you considered locating the tank outside?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks