Recommendations for a quarter turn angle valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Bucky Badger

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend and where to get a quarter turn angle valve as a shut off valve going underneath a kitchen sink? I was thinking of using one of the big box stores quarter turn angle valves but apparently the ball inside is plastic.

DougB

Reaction score
I've found that these ball valves will scale up and sieze, when they aren't used for years. The plastic ball might be a better solution.

Besides - now PEX and PVC are used most everywhere - and they are a form of plastic.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I would get out the yellow pages and call a few places listed under "plumbing supply" to see what Dahl valves they carry.

In a pinch, there's a place in New York that specializes in replacement parts that carries Dahl. They aren't the cheapest, nor is their shipping, but they get it out the door pretty fast. Just google the part number and they should come up.

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plumbing supply outlets have them.
There is nothing wrong with plastic parts, heck people have been using angle stops with plastic parts forever.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plumbing supply outlets have them.
There is nothing wrong with plastic parts, heck people have been using angle stops with plastic parts forever.

Chris B.

Electrician
Reaction score
http://products.dahlvalve.com/Advan...=mini-ball valves&SBCatPage=1&FromPage=1&sbt=

That's an easy one. Buy these for replacements. After installing these where I work I would never choose another brand. Find a local distributor or if you have to mail order one. I'm pretty certain that someone that has something to do with this company frequents this forum.

Wow, I guess I should be happy that I can get these locally. I always try to buy products made in Canada and the US whenever possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks