Need help desperate!..ONE BATH HOME!!

Users who are viewing this thread

theelviscerator

Reaction score
2 valve shower no mixer I think I need to remove a threaded cap here, but the whole thing wants to spin out behind the wall, but not come all the way out either.

How to fix this kind? what is it?

Any help is appreciated... 001.jpg

these are quarter turn valves also.

valves are leaking is main issue.

theelviscerator

Reaction score
Kind of disappointed nobody here knows enough to tell me what this is.

Seems its either a delta or a tuscany brand shower valve.

the reason it wouldnt come out is the genius who installed it only drilled the holes large enough for the small end of the cap to come through, once I enlarged the holes it just came out the front.

******* had a tuscany brand cartridge kit with valve seats and and the long extensions that worked once I ground down the end closest to the valve handle so it went to the end of the retaining cap.

(the shinier part where my water pump pliers had scraped it).

No leaks now.

Hope this helps someone else out in the future. When installing a new shower valve make sure you can remove all components for replacement later.

This awful shower enclosure is the last thing in this house I havent demo'd and replace yet, mainly because its ONLY a 1 bath home. But its coming up now. SOON.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your picture is no help for determining the manufacturer which is why nobody answered your question. But, it is NOT a Delta valve, and if it were, the size of the holes in the wall would be irrelevant. Show us the handles and a picture of a stem which has not been "mutilated".

theelviscerator

Reaction score
It was plenty of help somewhere else, so must be you hj.

and its fixed 100% no leaks, no drips. Must not be too mutilated.

So in the future is there is a problem with the pic, please mention it.

With ZERO responses its kind of hard to assume the pic is no good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks