Broadway collection, Shower faucet, what brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The homeowner is wanting a satin Nickel version of this trim.
Does anyone know what brand or model this shower valve is?
He thinks it's about twenty years old.

weinstein_shower1.jpg

weinstein_shower2.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Sorry that this is probably not much help, but I have seen this very valve, with the cheapo stamped lettering and ugly visible screws, in an old hotel somewhere, but I can't place it. I'm thinking it's a lot more than 20 years old -- if it's an older customer, often they don't realize that 20 years ago was mid-1990s. I'm guessing pre-1980 for sure, and probably a good deal earlier. Strom makes one that is very similar, without the volume control, cheapo lettering and visible screws, but with the porcelain handle with the little pointer on it, in similar design and similar shape of the face plate, which suggests that they were knocking off an old-timey design, as they often do, but whose I don't know... Does it seem like a high-quality valve with an ugly cover (like an old, long-discontinued Chicago Faucet or something, because CF uses that screw placement), or does it seem like a lesser-quality brand? (I'm guessing the latter from the deterioration of the trim...)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks