Clawfoot tub installation with pex stub outs

Users who are viewing this thread

EADIY

Reaction score
Hello Everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Currently I am at the end of a whole house gut renovation and up till this point everything has gone pretty smooth. However it has come time to install the refinished clawfoot tub. Here is my problem. The guy who installed the new water lines throughout the house used pex and stubbed out in it. For all other fixtures (toilets and pedestal sinks) this hasn't been a problem, just slip on a chrome sleeve with an escutcheon and it looks good. But the pex comes straight out of the floor here and I am not sure what the solution is to attach some good looking chrome supply lines to the tub. Am I looking for a compression fitting for the pex that can then attach to the supply lines or do I need to cut a whole in the ceiling under the bathroom (I REALLY do not want to do this) and stub out in copper? (This was some advice from a local supply store)

I really hope someone can help me on this one.

Also any advice on making the PVC drain rough in look better would be appreciated!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You should be able to install "stops" on the PEX, which will then allow for standard clawfoot supplies that use compression on the stop end.

The drains normally have a slip joint connection just above the finished floor if you are using a slip joint type waste and overflow.
If you are going with solvent weld PVC, then just make it clean.

clawfoot_2222.jpg

clawfoot_2217.jpg

New shutoffs that match with risers for the new faucet.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks