installed new shower body, low water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Well...it's a 2.5 gallons-per-minute showerhead. It probably isn't the pressure, per se, that's the issue, it is likely the flow restriction device contained in the showerhead. Although the EPA keeps trying to make it more and more difficult to remove these devices (which you either perceive as pernicious or glorious), most showerheads today still come with them being fairly-easily-removable. If it is not unlawful to do so where you are, I might look at the instructions and see if there isn't a section regarding "low water pressure" wherein they explain how to properly configure the showerhead where low local or well water pressure makes it not function properly with the restriction device in place...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It could even be flow lost because of the vacuum breaker in the line. Without being there it is impossible to tell you WHERE you are losing pressure and flow.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's hard to know what the state of your plumbing is in the UK. While there are some people that visit from outside of the USA, problems you may have related to your infrastructure probably wouldn't even be thought of by most of us.

WHat are you using for hot water supply? What is your actual water pressure? If you're running the hot with a pumped system, the pressure isn't the same on both the hot and cold supply lines...on US style valves, this will prevent the valve from opening fully (there's a pressure balance valve in the thing). That's the only big thing that comes to mind, but a bit of info on your supply setup may be useful.

MichaelBukay

Plumber
Reaction score
maybe they didn't flush out the sediment after they sweat the pipes. could be a clogged screen in one of the connections. or some junk ended up in the cartridge. if someone other than you installed it, they should take the time to fix it.

backdown00

Reaction score
Well...it's a 2.5 gallons-per-minute showerhead. It probably isn't the pressure, per se, that's the issue, it is likely the flow restriction device contained in the showerhead. Although the EPA keeps trying to make it more and more difficult to remove these devices (which you either perceive as pernicious or glorious), most showerheads today still come with them being fairly-easily-removable. If it is not unlawful to do so where you are, I might look at the instructions and see if there isn't a section regarding "low water pressure" wherein they explain how to properly configure the showerhead where low local or well water pressure makes it not function properly with the restriction device in place...

Based on everything I have seen, this might be it. I'm going to attempt to fix this tomorrow by putting a hole in this white cap (flow restrictor) in the shower head so that more water is flowing through :)

backdown00

Reaction score
After removing the shower head, there is some sort of screen filter part where the shower head connects to the flexible pipe. When I removed that the pressure is crazy powerful. I assume this net is a filter of some sort, no idea why or how its blocking pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks