Iron H2S odor issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
TerriK, I don't see much sense in blocking 3 of the 5 spray heads in the Duke when initially the air pressure was 50. That seriously reduces the aeration capability/capacity of the Duke.

To me there is something wrong with the compressor. I sold more than a few air compressors and had low pressure problems with one where I was tearing my hair out for about 3-4 weeks adjusting it about a 50 mile round trip until one day I got upset enough to tear the thing all apart. Took the whole head off.

I found baby powder fine pine wood saw dust that had gone through the pad filter clogging up one or more reed valves so they couldn't close properly which prevented pressure buildup. Had a hell of a time finding out it was saw dust until the woman of the house came home from work one afternoon while I was in the basement and I saw this dust in the air. It was in a new house and trying to find out where the dust had come from, I was told the carpenters had been cutting molding on a saw about 10' away from the compressor. The bat insulation between the overhead joists was full of it and when people walked on the floor above, it fell out of the insulation and the compressor sucked it in when running when the dust was in the air.

I had called the manufacturer numerous times with nothing they suggested helping so I called to tell them what I had found. It formed a sticky paste due to humidity I guess. They had never heard of anything like that.

TerriK

Reaction score
Gary, I hear you on the air compressor. This is our second one in 13 years. The first ones diaphragm failed. I took the newer one apart and cleaned it eight months ago, replaced the seal and air intake pad etc. we used it even VERY recently as a point of air injection prior to the duke and did get up to 50 psi so I know it is in good working order. To boost the duke in particular, we had to re wire it to the solenoid valve vs the pressure tank so it would inject air at the appropriate time, but it only went up to 15-20psi. Our duke guy said we were limited by our pump size and needed to lower our gpm. Our pump is 7.6 gpm and the nozzles are rated for 4.5gpm. He told me to plug two, shoot for 35-40 psi then cap another if we did not reach that. He absolutely nailed that one. I think there are 6 nozzles. It does take a longer to fill but certainly smells noticeably better. I think the remainder is surely a post filtration issue.

What got me to call them was you suggesting the duke was not aerating all the gases. I didn't think so but I mulled it over for a week or so and did recall the lower psi. Thanks for putting the possibilities out there. Terri

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks