Basement Sink to Sewage Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Prashster

Reaction score
I'm designing a basement bathroom, and I'm having trouble routing the sink to the ejector pit. I plan to run my shower and toilet under the concrete to the basin's side inlet.

The sink, however, is on the other side of the bathroom, and I wanted to run it to the pit through the surrounding wall, since it's high enough off the ground. This will save me having to bust a trench all the way to the sink. However, it'll require 2x90degree bends in the horiz/downsloping drain before it hits the pit Two questions:

1) Is it ok to have multiple bends in the horizontal drain line from the sink?
2) Can I enter the pit through the 2" vent inlet in the lid? That is, can I put a tee on the vent outlet on the lid, and run the pipe off the side, and have the pit vent continue up off the tee?

Of course, I plan to vent each fixture independently, as well; I have that part figured out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks