Drain and Supply Capped For Future Use

Users who are viewing this thread

Philwgreen

Reaction score
Ran into some problems with the DWV system. Details in this thread. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?53081-Question-About-Running-Pex&p=387111#post387111

I started a new thread because of a new, related issue. It seems like my problems in the other thread could be solved by adding a lav and making my vent a wet vent. Adding that lav is not a problem design wise, but it was something that could ideally be added in the future and not be part of our current build.

Is it possible to leave the drain and supply lines capped for future use? I just wasn't sure if that was within code. Also not sure how that works with my inspection process - but if it is within code, I'm guessing it will come down to which inspector I get and what kind of mood he's in that day.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT is done all the time and there is usually no code issue, unless the sink location is a prohibited one, such as here, you cannot have a stubout for a kitchen sink in a detached casita, because they do not want it converted into an apartment.

Philwgreen

Reaction score
Thanks. The location of the sink is not a problem. The garage addition with the living space above is physically attached to the main house. Luckily, I already went through all of those zoning questions with the city when pulling a permit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks