Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
bio-clean.jpg

BIO-CLEAN is... a blend of bacteria and enzymes. The bacteria are natural, not genetically-engineered. The enzyme concentration is the most powerful on the market. BioClean

SAFE
Bio-Clean is non-poisonous. It creates no heat, no fumes, no boiling. It does not attack live tissue nor inorganic materials, only organic wastes like grease, hair, food particles, paper, cotton & sewage. This makes BIO-CLEAN safe for people, plumbing and the environment. BIO-CLEAN changes the waste particles into water, carbon dioxide and mineral ash which run harmlessly out of your waste system. These elements are then available for plant life.

EFFECTIVE
Within an hour after pouring the bacteria into the drain, the bacteria begin to eat their way into the waste that has accumulated on the sides and top of the drain pipe. This is their natural food. They digest the waste and spread throughout your system, cleaning it completely.

MULTIPURPOSE
• Residential and commercial applications
• All drain and sewer pipes, including:
Kitchen Sinks
Lavatories
Bath tubs
Showers
Floor drains
Laundry drains
Septic tanks and drain fields
Garbage disposal odors
Grease traps
Sewage ejector sumps
Outdoor outhouses and cesspools
R.V. & boat holding tanks
Lift Stations
Cat Litter Boxes

Buy it here

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
grease_in_drain_1.jpg

I cut this drain out of a kitchen sink line. The homeowner said that no grease had ever been poured down the drain.
What the heck is this stuff?

grease_in_drain_2.jpg

Here is the p-trap for the kitchen sink.
It drained a lot better after fixing the grade to the drain, and snaking the line.
Of course new parts underneath too.

sink_drain_no_disposer.jpg

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I sell the heck out of Bio Clean. I had a Deli that had me clean out their grease trap every six months, I usaly get about 5 gallons of muck out of it. I started Ritter on the Bio Clean. SInce they use a sanitizer I told him he needs to use it weekly instead of montly. After six months I was lucky to get a small coffee can of muck out of the grease trap and the pipes where spotless. He used to buy 3 cans off me a year, till the day he sold the busness. Now I see a rooter truck out there montly. I dropped the new owner a line telling him I can save him big bucks, all he needs to do is call me.

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
So could we see a pipe like that cut in two parts? Put one in a tub of water, the other in a tub of bioclean?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The city of Bellevue requires something like this for resturants that have grease. Think KFC.

A lot of resturants with grease traps use it.
On a home, it cleans the pipes right out.
I ran a snake in one that had been treated for two weeks.
The snake came out cleaner than I've ever seen one.
The funny thing is, it cleans the tops of the pipes too.

Bio-Clean Q & A

bio-clean-terrylove-01.jpg

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Hodes used to sell a drain degreaser. I had a sink line I rodded out with a K-50 with 5/8 cables and a straight auger. Line was open but real slow. Normaly I step up the augher to the next bigger size but this time there was a clean out on the end of a tee in the basement. I opened this clean out and saw where the cable punched a 5/8 hole through that real tough black hardend grease. So for grins and giggles I used this degreaser in the kithcen sink. It said to fill the sink half way with water, and add an once of the degreaser then let drain. Wait 5 minites then fill sink two more times and drain with just water. Did that and I was amazed when I filled that sink for the thrid time it was roaring down. I removed that clean out and it looked like brand new pipe. I called Buzz at Hodes to order a case. He informed me Hodes stopped carring it. Never could find the stuff again.

blkg35

Reaction score
I have used this product many times, and i have to say it works wonders. Before i used to use your traditional drain cleaners, and one time some of the fumes were so bad and lingered so long that it made my little girl sick. I started looking for an alternative from the smell, but found bio clean and looked at all of the advantages of it. The only drawback that i see is that it can be a good bit more expensive and can add up if you have a lot of drain cleaning that needs to be done.

bio-clean.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cougfan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Bio Clean is great stuff,just have to let the customers know not to run antibacterial agents down the same drain,spit the mouthwash into the toilet and change soaps.Easy way to stay green.:)

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
In places that use sanitizers which kill of the bacteria, like in restaurants Bio Clean recommends using it weekly instead of monthly. One thing I do tell all my custmers is keep using it. Do not use it a couple times then put it under the sink and forget about it.

Last edited:

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
How does the stuff work, when applied to an aerobic septic system?
I know that there are some additives that doesn't react the way it is supposed to, when it interacts with the aerobic tank itself.
It seems for a conventional system, it works very well.
Do things like blood thinners or heart medicine, have any affect on it.

Travis

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
My mom and uncle are on a septic and the Bio Clean works great. Blood thinners will not affect it at all. I am on Warfarin myself and never had any issues.

Glnow

Reaction score
I do a treatment every 30 days in my bathrooms with Zep’s product and think there is room for improvement, so I’m intrigued to try this. I was surprised to read on the website that Bio-clean claims to breakdown hair as well. What makes Bio-Clean better than the bacterial products sold at home improvement stores? The type of bacteria, concentration, etc?

Russ75

Reaction score
Could someone tell me what the dosage directions are for BioClean? Trying to get an idea how long 2 lb. would last.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It is for the drains inside the home and unless you had a camera to inspect the piping in your home you wouldn't know if you needed it or if it was working if you did need it...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here are some more kitchen sink pictures showing grease in the line

grease_2249.jpg

This is what happens over time on a kitchen sink trap arm.

grease_2250.jpg

Where the 1.5" trap arm drops into the 2.0" x 1.5" x 1.5" Santee.
This is why you use Bio-Clean on your drains.
It's great for the kitty litter box too.

Buy it here

Last edited:

boudreaux

Reaction score
How to dissolve floating fats in home sewer line?

Hello. In the past 3 months, I had 3 clogs in the home sewer line. Had it snaked twice and jetted once. Long story short, a section of the 6" clay pipe was cracked and was replace with pvc. Once the broken line was replaced, I had the line video inspected. Found that there is a back pitch in the home sewer line as it gets close to the city sewer main. But the most disturbing was the amounts of fats or grease floating in the pipe. Attach is the pic from the video cam. i tried flushing it with the hot water in hopes that it would melt but that did not work. Is there any chemicals available or recommendations that would be able to dissolve the floating fats?
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• floating fats.jpg
    floating fats.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,674

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Something like Bio-Clean will get rid of the grease.
In the city of Bellevue, they require restaurants to use either Bio-Clean or something like it for the grease problems that cooking makes.

It does a nice job of removing grease all around the pipes. It doesn't burn holes in the pipe like some chemicals can either.

Last edited:

calcks

Reaction score
Hi Terry, I have apt building (8 units) and had drain plumber try to rooter a lower unit line today. He says it's so full of grease he can't get the rooter to open it up and is planning to return Monday with high-pressure truck to try to blow the line clear. Thought I'd try Bio-Clean over the weekend, but can't find it. Do you know where in Puget Sound I can buy it and pick up Sat (1/12)?

Thanks,
Karen

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks