2 houses on 1 submersible pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rancher

Reaction score
Been trying to get this figured out: Pump is 3/4 hp new submersible. House 1 is 88 feet away and house 2 is 45 feet away from well house. Water is at 60 feet down and 20gpm. How can I supply both houses without loosing water pressure at either house? Where does the pressure switch plus check valves go? I've been thinking of those cvs valves but not sure of the instillation method. Are there any drawings of this proper installation? Thanks

Rancher

Reaction score
Thanks I've check on that however I already have 2 pressure "bladder type" tanks plus the sidekick is sorta pricey. Just don't know for sure how the pressure switch will respond to both houses. I'm going to get a Cycle Valve tho so will place it before the sediment filter? Will I need a check valve going to each house so as not to have each "rob" all the water pressure? thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can get a Pside-Kick for $399, and it has everything you need. Pressure tanks are pricy, and the good ones are even pricier. The CSV will do a better job at reducing cycling than a half dozen tanks, so you didn’t need a very large tank. However, the CSV will work with any size tank(s).

Large pressure tanks are just another load for the pump to keep up with. With a 40/60 pressure switch you will just have to wait for the tanks to empty down to 40, then refill to about 57 PSI before the CSV starts working and you see the strong constant pressure you will learn to enjoy. With the small tank you would have seen the strong constant pressure before you got the shower temp adjusted.

The CSV still helps with large tanks, and it actually the best of both worlds. Ie; You have a few gallons of stored water in the tanks, the CSV still delivers constant pressure, and stops cycling which makes everything last longer. It doesn’t make enough difference to waste money on the larger tanks, but since you already have them, might as well use them.

The CSV1A is probably the best one for your application, and they sell for around $200.

And no other check valves needed except the one on the pump.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
With a 40/60 pressure switch you will just have to wait for the tanks to empty down to 40, then refill to about 57 PSI before the CSV starts working and you see the strong constant pressure you will learn to enjoy...

If you can narrow the range on the switch, having it start at 50 PSI would lessen the time waiting for good pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks