Converting Shower Stall for Laundry Service

Users who are viewing this thread

CleanSC

Reaction score
Terry, Thank you! One question for you:

When I use the adjacent utility sink (not the one in my drawings, but the one in the garage at a higher level) some water drains out of the horizontal shower drain branch pipe that is shown as abandoned in my diagrams (and 2 feet below grade). Am I correct in thinking that this does NOT need a trap primer then? And I could go ahead and make it a floor drain by just adding a p-trap?

Michael, I use AutoCAD in my everyday job as a draftsman for a structural engineering firm. We don't do plumbing drawings so that's why my diagrams look more like structural sections than real plumbing drawings. ;) So the fittings and such are all drawn by hand.

Cacher, perfect, thanks. That was the detail I knew I needed to confirm. So I need this:

dd455405-f4cd-4265-9878-f813dbff2733_300.jpg

Thanks again, all!

CleanSC

Reaction score
Let's Talk About Washer Feed Now

Now that the washer drain is sorted, let's properly feed it.

This is what I have in the wall. Some 1/2" copper feeds with some '71 vintage "hammer arrestors" feeding a Moen shower valve.

How would you fellas convert this to washer hookups? I'm not finishing the walls in here. Do I just sweat on some hose bibs where I like em and that's it? Or (as usual) is there more to this than I think? Is a box required in this case? Can I use those "arrestors" (yea I know) or just cut it all out and get minis?

I'm comfortable working with copper so I have no issues keeping it all the same material.

As usual, thanks for the advice. :)

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 268
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks